89 CUMMINS ROUGH IDLE ON GREASE

If new, go here first. Beginner questions, Forum help, suggestions and more FAQ.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

89 CUMMINS ROUGH IDLE ON GREASE

Postby oldfatdude » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 am

I HAVE REBIULT THE PUMP, NEW LIFT PUMP AND INJECTORS. RUNS GREAT ON WVO UNTIL I STOP THEN ROUGH IDLE. IT WILL IDLE GREAT ALL DAY ON WVO UNTIL I DRIVE IT DOWN THE ROAD, PURGE IT OUT IT RUNS GREAT ON BOTH FULES. CUT THE VEG TANK WITH DIESEL IT HELPS , BUT NOT THE SAME AFTER I ROLL IT DOWN THE ROAD. VEG ON IDLE I OPEN THE PUMP UP AND STILL RUNS GREAT, ONLY WILL ACT UP AFTER DRIVING IT. RUNNING DOWN THE ROAD AT 75 ON VEG RUNNING GREAT, HITH THE OFF RAMP, ROUGH IDLE, THEN GREAT IDLE. ONLY AFTER HIGH RPMS SOMETIMES :?: :?:
oldfatdude

Postby SunWizard » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 am

We need more details about how your VO system is plumbed. Sounds like an air leak. Install a clear inline filter to see if you have air, and move it around until no more air to find the source.

If your VO isn't getting to >100F before the filter, it could be PHO or fats plugging your filter. A fuel pressure guage would let you know. Suspended (invisible) water in your VO can plug the filter quickly, did you hot pan test the VO?
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

89 cummins

Postby oldfatdude » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:45 am

its a greascar system 40 gal tank with a heat exchanger, ive done 8 ,300 d mercedes 1 i still drive on the same grease for the last 5 years 150,000 miles. this cummins runs sweet, my grease is good n hot i burn only chinese, ill go and check for air again ive come up empty so far.......thanks,
oldfatdude

Return to Beginners section and FAQ