$40,000 grant to a farmer in CO for SVO

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

$40,000 grant to a farmer in CO for SVO

Postby SunWizard » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:05 am

This grant is available to agricultural producers and agricultural service providers in Colorado.
Program Description: The purpose of this program is to demonstrate opportunities for Colorado farmers to reduce fuel costs and become more self-sufficient through the local production of oil, meal and biodiesel. iCAST is offering up to $40,000 to successful applicants who will build an on-farm vegetable oil, meal and/or biodiesel processing facility in Colorado. Funding may be used toward the direct costs associated with the installation of any systems related to the objective of producing fuel from locally-produced vegetable oil or fat. Examples may include farm-scale equipment for oil extraction, oil or fat refining, biodiesel conversion, waste mitigation and control, or processing or pelletizing the meal. Funding may not be used for research and development of novel processes or costs associated with acquiring the fat or oil. An evaluation of the project will begin immediately after the facilities are operational. The results of this demonstration project may be used by iCAST and the Colorado Department of Agriculture to promote replication of the facility by other Colorado agricultural producers. Reply here if you qualify and want contact info.
Last edited by SunWizard on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby coachgeo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 pm

boy I wish that was in TX. I want to do jatropha farm to fuel my home etc.
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion