Question for SunWizard

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Question for SunWizard

Postby vernstick » Thu May 06, 2010 5:41 am

I'm curious- your signature says you run your MB 300D, stock, on 80% veg/20% ULSD with no problems. If you can get away with that in CO, surely here in St Thomas (coldest temp-70F) I should be able to do the same with no mod to the engine? I have a 300SD, and can't make up my mind on whether to go with the fattywagons injector heaters and electric lift pump or a full blown 2 tank system. I love this car, and don't want to coke up the engine. How many miles have you put on the engine with that blend, and do you have any suggestions for me?
vernstick

Re: Question for SunWizard

Postby SunWizard » Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 pm

vernstick wrote:How many miles have you put on the engine with that blend, and do you have any suggestions for me?

I have gone 40,000 miles in 3 years on that one, with no troubles. Only changed the fuel filters once. Read the blending section of these forums. Don't get an electric lift pump, nothing comes close to the stock piston lift pump run off the cam.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion