Support for WVO newbies in New York City?

If new, go here first. Beginner questions, Forum help, suggestions and more FAQ.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Support for WVO newbies in New York City?

Postby greenberger » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Greetings, y'all. After years of thinking about it, I am finally deciding to go the WVO route. I live in NYC and use public transportation when I can, but often I depend on a car when I drive up to New England or simply have to lug gear to Brooklyn. Either way, I hope to do it on veggie oil. I've read a lot but haven't actually done anything- yet.

I know the road will be full of pitfalls, so I'm wondering if anyone here lives in NYC and knows of (or would provide) a little support if and when unexpected challenges happen, like filters getting clogged or just not being able to run the car for some reason. I've always tried to help folks with my areas of expertise, and it'd be great if we started something, however small, to encourage others in the city to make the switch. We have a million restaurants here!

If you live in the city and are willing to provide even the smallest amount of support, please email me at the email address below (where my signature is.) Even just coming by and checking out your car would be helpful, to SEE how the whole thing works in 3D (not just web photos.)

thanks!
If you live in New York City and want to make the world of veggie oil cars more accessible for New Yorkers, drop me a line:

x x i m i x x ---AT--- j u n o __DOT__ com
greenberger

Return to Beginners section and FAQ