newbie looking for opinions on tank

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

newbie looking for opinions on tank

Postby tinworm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi, I was over on infopop and asked this question incorrectly, but very little response anyway.
After sucessfully proving to myself that im an idiot by failing to properly register here and the "what do we burn" question a dozen times, I figured Id join here too. Hint to others, if it asks what do we burn and one word, dont type in vegetable oil over and over again. Its wrong. :D

Have pretty decent experience with VO, about 60,000 miles on various vehicles, and parts from a lot of suppliers. I am currently assembling my latest system and am putting together parts

I found this tank, http://www.snapgreentech.com/ from these guys who I have never heard of. Link was on some other forums

Has anyone heard of these people, any opinions on this tank?
tinworm

Postby SunWizard » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Looks like a good tank, but overpriced at $575. You can find a similar HDPE tank from a boat with a filler and level sender for around $50, thats what I did for my 87 mercedes.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby tinworm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:54 pm

those are mostly cross link tanks though, which are not 100 percent recycelabe. From the research ive been doing on cross link, it turns out that the cross link process effectively destroys the material for the next revolution.

it can only move to a lower quality, like a speed bump. From what I have read, there is a certain amount of times you can even re-use cross link, after which its useless material.

Ive used boat tanks before, so that is an option, but im intrigued by the DOT testing they say they have done and the 100% recyclable claim.
tinworm

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion