3 yrs on my 7.3L Superduty conversion - going cross country

If new, go here first. Beginner questions, Forum help, suggestions and more FAQ.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

3 yrs on my 7.3L Superduty conversion - going cross country

Postby morgocon » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 am

Searched forum but couldn't find what I'm looking for. 3 years ago I did a GreaseCar conversion of my Ford Super Duty to dual fuel, and have been enjoying the benefits ever since. I have a couple of local restaurants that supply me with WVO, however we will be pulling a tag-a-long and going around the country - I can carry about 50-100 gallons, plus my tank full and am seeking a list of filtered WVO vendors in US and Canada to purchase from on the fly - we will be traveling from Maine to Florida to West Coast to Alaska and across Canada back to Maine. Thanks for any help you can give.
morgocon

Postby SunWizard » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 pm

I haven't ever seen such a list. There aren't very many vendors, you could try a search of craigslist across the country using http://www.searchtempest.com/ since I see listings there more often than forums.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby morgocon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 am

Great idea - thanks for the suggestion - it'll be a bit before I can get to it, but will let you know how it works out. Maybe we can develop a list - that would be good for the vendors and good for the WVO'ers.
morgocon

clean oil

Postby ig0fastr » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:56 am

I can try to have some clean oil ready for you if you can give me a heads up
im in New Bedford MA
Dave
ig0fastr

Return to Beginners section and FAQ