been burnin almost five yrs now.

If new, go here first. Beginner questions, Forum help, suggestions and more FAQ.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

been burnin almost five yrs now.

Postby veggietruck » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:42 am

1997 ram 3500 4X4 320K

been running veggie oil almost five years now, two tank system, use a manual tank switch vale under my seat (never misses!). The one most important thing i have learned is to run the return line back to an aux filter unit behind the lift pump, this has twofold benefit. (1) keeps fuel hot! (2) keeps everything purged on diesel switch back. and you can get by with just one three port switch.....less air issues.
hope this helps someone.

Veggie T
been burnin oil for over 6 yrs now.....learned a lot!
veggietruck

Re: been burnin almost five yrs now.

Postby coachgeo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 am

veggietruck wrote:1997 ram 3500 4X4 320K

...The one most important thing i have learned is to run the return line back to an aux filter unit behind the lift pump, ...
much congratulations on your success.

Just to clarify, this a looped rerturn back to lift pump that your pushing thru an aux. filter right? Also your looping both diesel and veg correct?
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby veggietruck » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:09 pm

the filter i use has 4 ports and 2 filters 2 ports in and 2 out i just put the return from the injection pump on the extra (in) side , my raptor pump is on the (out) side, suction side, so whatever u are burning that will auto return to the motor, i dont have any returns going to my tanks, hot fuel returning to a cold tank make a lot of water!
All this seems to do well with the cummins setup, dont know about any others??
been burnin oil for over 6 yrs now.....learned a lot!
veggietruck

Re: been burnin almost five yrs now.

Postby mortarsprayer » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Hello Veggie T,
I see a year has passed since your post. How is the truck doing?

Can you share some pictures of the installation? I have been looking at the new heated filter head http://www.wvodesigns.com/wvo-collectio ... -base.html from WVO Designs. It sounds like it would fit your description of extra ports at the filter.

Which 3 port valve did you use?

Thank you,
Nolan
Nolan
95 Dodge Cummins 3500 Flatbed, dump.
Started life as chassis cab, 2WD automatic pos, converted to 4WD with 5 speed that pulls like a freight train.
mortarsprayer

Return to Beginners section and FAQ