FS: Greasecar Kit + Vegtherm, $650 OBO

Post ads for vehicles and WVO parts for conversion, filtering, etc. for sale.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

FS: Greasecar Kit + Vegtherm, $650 OBO

Postby dwellehan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:31 am

I have for sale everything you need to run your diesel vehicle on WVO. This post features the kit to add the second fuel system to your diesel. The equipment to collect, filter, and store used vegetable oil is in another post.

This is a used Greasecar kit plus extras. I installed it in Jan '07, put 49K miles on it, and removed it this month. It was in a 2003 Jetta, but it fits a number of other VWs perfectly, and many other vehicles as well. You can visit greasecar.com [ http://www.greasecar.com/products/greas ... asecar-kit ] to get a look at the product, though their new kit has a couple minor differences. If interested, be in touch and I can give more specific info. My kit contains the following:

1) A 24" diameter veg fuel tank that fits perfectly into the spare tire well under your trunk. The 13 gal. tank comes with a sender unit (indicates fuel level) and in-tank coolant heater.

2) A coolant heated fuel filter unit and mounting bracket. I have 7 spare Fleetguard filters too.

3) Greasecar solenoids, the valves that let you select fuel systems from the button on the dash.

4) Greasecar fuel gauge, fuel switch & mounting plate, plus wires & fuses if you want them.

5) Greasecar Buzzbox, which alerts you if you forget to purge your fuel lines of veg before shutting off the engine. This thing is great! I seldom needed it, but it definitely prevented some headaches on the few times I was tired, distracted, or friends were driving my car.

6) The Greasecar installation booklet! This has diagrams of the fuel system, wiring, etc. plus step by step directions and a list of the basic tools needed.

7) I also added a Vegtherm Standard from PlantDrive [ http://www.plantdrive.com/shop/home.php?cat=250 ], which is an electric in line fuel heater, plus all the wiring, plus installation instructions. This was $100.

Including the spare filters, this went for $1150 new, but you’ll need to buy new hoses since mine were cut to remove it. (These are readily available at NAPA or Greasecar.com). If you need more info be in touch. Selling for $650 OBO.
dwellehan

Re: FS: Greasecar Kit + Vegtherm, $650 OBO

Postby coachgeo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:46 pm

dwellehan wrote:I have for sale ...t was in a 2003 Jetta, but it fits a number of other VWs perfectly, ... $650 OBO.
Wish I had the mula. This should fit my 2000 Golf.

When you did your Jetta did you do the other recomended mods for VW AF engines? (trick the computer via resistor to keep its from modifying timing of engine; think that was what the mods for.... etc etc?)
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

still available?

Postby bjg4602 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Is this kit still available?
bjg4602

Kit Sold

Postby dwellehan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Sorry, this kit sold. Thanks for the interest.
dwellehan

Return to Classified Ads