Thieves Raiding Restaurants For Used Cooking Grease

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Postby SunWizard » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 pm

On the local news again, thanks to a local rendering company RMSE:

Here is the untold story, the big thieves are RMSE, the same rendering company who got the news to do this story, and who pushed through the state legislature new licensing requirements for collecting WVO they mention there.

2 of the restaurants I have contracts with have been stolen from by RMSE. Recently, at a restaurant owned by my brother (which has very good WVO since its a high end place) the kitchen workers heard someone out in the area where my 3- 55 gallon barrels are located. Its surrounded by a locked, 10 foot high fence which the RMSE guys climbed the fence with their hoses and stole my WVO, and got caught. My brother was mad, called the company and threatened to call the police if they didn't pay for the WVO, which they did rather than risk the cops. Which is ironic since they are now calling the Denver news to complain about thefts.

At another restaurant, they stole not only my WVO, but the barrels too! I know who it was since they replaced them with their own labeled barrels.

Another lie in the article: I know my brother was not getting paid $100 per load for his WVO, even during the peak in WVO prices a few years back, he was paying them until I came along!
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby David » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:18 pm

I have heard the same thing many times before even here and I have no sympathy for the collector cowboys.

I think it must be a universal business of rednecks and self important jerkoffs because my experience with them in oz is exactly the same as it is reported in the US and UK.

It would be interesting to contact the paper and give them a follow up story but I doubt it would get published. Most editorial these days where a company or business is mentioned is really disguised advertising.

It is good to make it known however that the grease companies are not the high and mighty poor hard done by businesses they make themselves out to be.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Postby Renntag » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:40 am

Similar things are happening here. Valley Protein is the evil empire that pushed through legislation last year. I havnt had any of my WVO stolen, but someone did steal 4 of my clean/empty 275/330 totes. :evil:
Ask me about online scheduling and email marketing.
PlanGenius, better business efficiency, sign up now.
Renntag

RMSE is a criminal enterprise

Postby LittleNinja » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:26 pm

RMSE (Recycoil) was caught trespassing at Sustainable Oil Service, a legitimate, zero waste oil recycling center in Boulder, last October (2010). RMSE's CEO, Aaron Perry, and Vice President, David Adam Hall, were charged with criminal trespassing into Sustainable Oil Service after business hours. They were also charged with harassment, as they refused to leave the premises after being asked to do so several times.

In addition, RMSE has been caught stealing oil from Sustainable Oil Service's restaurants. These incidents have caused $120,000 worth of damage to Sustainable Oil Service over the past two years.

RMSE's VP Adam Hall has since pled guilty to criminal trespassing and Aaron Perry's case is still pending. More needs to be done in the community to let the restaurants and lawmakers know about this criminal enterprise. This is classic story of greenwashing at its best.
LittleNinja
LittleNinja

Postby John Galt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:34 am

They are Biofuel's very own evil "Big Oil"
John Galt

RMSE's criminal activity

Postby LittleNinja » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:06 am

To everyone who reads this post:

We're currently investigating the criminal activity of RMSE and if anyone has a first-hand account or knows someone who has witnessed their criminal activity, please contact me as we would like witness accounts.

Thank you to all readers.
LittleNinja
LittleNinja

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion