Any mid 90's Fords running Suns 2 tank system?

A description and pics of your SVO WVO Vegetable Oil conversion, help the next person who gets that model.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Any mid 90's Fords running Suns 2 tank system?

Postby fishflyguy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:26 am

Hello everybody I was curious if anybody has converted your Fords to run off of Suns two tank system. I love the system and think it is one of the best out there. I think the simplicity of the system and manual valves is where it is superior to others. I was wondering if anybody has overcome the challenges of the different truck manufactures while trying to apply Suns system to the Ford. Any and all pics and 2 cents on this would be greatly appreciated.
Hold my beer and watch this.....
fishflyguy

Postby wydra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm

I am, or was until I bought a Dodge. It worked great and was a vast improvement to the system I had before. The issue is with the IP. It worked so well and my oil temps were so nice and toasty that on the first cold day I switched from cold diesel to WVO and thermal shocked my IP. I solved it by using an electric vegtherm on a switch to preheat the diesel before switch over and that solved the problem.

forgot to mention that I still used my electric valves I already had. On my dodge i went to the 3/8th boat valves.
wydra

Return to Veggie Oil Conversion Vehicle Database