nissan sd25

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

nissan sd25

Postby grimey » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:41 pm

my freind has an 86 nissan sd25 and we are planning on converting it to VO. does any one have any experience working with this truck? One concern Ive had so far is that it doesnt have a lift pump. So, would the injection pump alone be strong enough to move the VO? or would an electric VO pump be recomended? My thoughts are that it would alright with just the IP as long as the VO is heated properly all along the fuel path.
grimey

Re: nissan sd25

Postby coachgeo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:25 pm

grimey wrote:... So, would the injection pump alone be strong enough to move the VO? or would an electric VO pump be recomended? ...
I ran blends in an old Maxima with this engine. Found the IP's Bosh pump needed a little help when ambient temps. As the IP/Engine got hot not so much so and that was in Florida.

I did add a helper 12v. Used a cheap faucet/purlator. If you choose right some of these have a built in pressure regulator of sorts. The pump motor adjust its output to keep pressure at a constant of what ever it's internal setting is. So if your IP is good and hot and so is ambient temps. the add on's pump motor will just stop and let the IP do all the sucking
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby grimey » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:36 pm

eould you happen to have a source for the type of pump? or what is its normal usage?
what type of filter did you use?
grimey

Postby coachgeo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:26 pm

grimey wrote:eould you happen to have a source for the type of pump? or what is its normal usage?
what type of filter did you use?
In USA (dont know where your from) you can buy them at any parts place around

http://www.facet-purolator.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=62

now the internal regulation I only read about in a forum so don't know if its true buttttttt.... it make perfect since cause mine would get silen after awhile that I thought it was off... and that sorta baffled me.

Call FPurlator and ask?

Mine happened to be a Cube type (see above link) where the article/thread I was reading .. dont recall details on which F.Purlator they were referring too but I suspect it was a cube type as well. They had taken one apart and discovered it appeared to have some regulation as well as back flow (check valve) built into it.

used standard nissan fuel filter and added an inline filter prior to the 12v pump. My blends were mild. VO/D2 heighest at 50/50 but usually closer to 20/80
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby swayward » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Does anyone know where you can buy this pump in Canada? specifically, in Halifax?
swayward

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion