hydroforce valves

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

hydroforce valves

Postby rcsund » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:14 pm

I bought 4 valves 2 years ago. I finally got around to installing them last weekend. I have been running a blend and it took 4.00 diesel to get me motivated.

I got the 3 valves in and plumbed. I did not have any clean veg so I was running on diesel all week. Today I went to put veg in my veg tank and I found it had a great deal of diesel in it. My Veg filter was full of diesel. I did not pressure test the valves before putting them in. I appears the valves were no holding and allowing diesel to slip past and go backwards in the veg lines.

I spent today pulling all the valves out and testing them. Every single one did not hold and leaked. I also tested my 4th valve which I bought as a back up in case one of them ever died and it too was bad.

Do hydroforce valves just stink? Is there a rebuild kit I can get? Is there a better brand? I am extremely upset because of the amount of money spent on 4 valves that do not work and the amount of time I have spent putting them in and then taking them all back out.
rcsund

Postby roverhybrids » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:50 pm

what model valves do you have? Should be stamped on the side where the hex portion is below the coil.
For a bandaid fix you can put some check valves in each supply line to prevent backflow.
2004.5 Dodge w/ 2 tank VO conversion
www.ecologicalvehiclesolutions.com
roverhybrids

Re: hydroforce valves

Postby greeneyeautos » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:31 am

actually although a little bit restrictive the valves work great .... BUT you have to have fuel present at all ports otherwise the y will bleed back at first..... so put some veg in and they will work fine
Over 1milliion miles on my conversions and counting
greeneyeautos

Re: hydroforce valves

Postby MacAttack_GA » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:47 am

hydroforce valve are not air tight... they will "weep".
1997 3500 ExCab 4x4 Auto 3.55
(KDP Tabbed, EGT & Tranny Gauged, Fuel filter "PrimeLoc"ed, motor oil dual by-pass filtered)
3-switch WVO conversion... tank/filter/tank
MacAttack_GA

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion