killing Poison Ivy with Triesterfication

Its like a chat room. This is where your post gets moved if you get too far off topic.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

killing Poison Ivy with Triesterfication

Postby coachgeo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Any Botnist in here? Crazy idea... how about the process of making Bio D (triesterfication) using an alcohol and an acid.... to turn oil on leaf of plant (poison Ivy and Oak) into a soap? My 2 acres is covered in P. Ivy and it is reallly affecting my ability to use the land.

Think it will kill the plant? Or make it not an alergian while leaf is soapy?
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby David » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 am

Why use good bio?

Use straight glyc and it will kill anything I have put it on.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Re:

Postby coachgeo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:52 pm

David wrote:Why use good bio?

Use straight glyc and it will kill anything I have put it on.
:?: :roll: no Bio-D used in this. Read again.

coachgeo

Re: killing Poison Ivy with Triesterfication

Postby John Galt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:14 am

That's immaterial, Dave's right. Spray it with glycerin byproduct. It can be thinned with water just as long as it stays dark brown, not beige.
John Galt

Postby coachgeo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm

John Galt wrote:That's immaterial, Dave's right. Spray it with glycerin byproduct. It can be thinned with water just as long as it stays dark brown, not beige.

Thanks..... good to know... but Don't have access to Biodiesel Glycerin and that is immaterial to this topic

Now back on topic ... If Alcohol+Acid+Plant Oil causes a triesterfication reaction wonder what would be result if one put an Acid and an Alcohol at the right mixture on the poison Ivy leaf creating described triesterfication action. (Alcohol+ Acid,+ Poison Ivy Plant oil - causing Triesterication). For example would the triesterfication action that resulted alter the allergen aspect of the ivy's oil in a way to where it no longer is an allergen? Maybe enough to even kill the plant at same time?

hmmmmmm???

coachgeo

Postby John Galt » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:00 am

Don't have access to Biodiesel Glycerin

Gosh, that's too bad. It's really useful for killing unwanted plants, aphid control in the greenhouse, cleaning bathtubs, showers, and toilets, washing the truck, washing the dog, hand cleaner.... and a hundred other useful things. It's easy to get; biodiesel makers give it away for free. Try it, you'll like it.
John Galt

Postby coachgeo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:43 pm

John...... you know how long I've been around here. If I say BioD Glycern not available to me... then it is NOT AVAILABLE TO ME>

Hell after what over a decade plus now....... I've yet to find even find WVO with reliable availability to make a go of it and found only few that have be it BioD or WVO vehicle or heating.

Last 3-5yrs I've looked it is all now commercially collected. In OH where I live now there is ZERO available. Even the tiniest of mom and pop places..... its commercially collected. Before that while I was in TX....... same thing unless you had an inside connection. the ONLY person in 5yrs there I found making a go of it had a connection at DWF air port and ended up getting all the oil from the resurants in the airport. Other than that.... on craigslist you found often people selling processors etc. cause..... THEY CAN'T GET OIL.

So please...... stay on topic from this point forward.....

Alcohol and acid... causing triesterfication of the oil present on/inside the Poison Ivy/oak plant------- any thoughts on how this might make them non poisonous or possibly kill them??

coachgeo

Return to Off topic banter