Plantdrive system mods - need help

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Plantdrive system mods - need help

Postby geaddict » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:46 pm

I would like to modify my Plantdrive generic install to return veggie oil to the Plantdrive plastic tank during purge only. Currently it runs in a short loop during veggie operations and then purges to the diesel tank. I no longer want the contamination and was wondering if I could rewire the return valve to reverse the flow to the veggie tank through the existing line Veggie filter etc. for flushing/purging. I do not want to run a new line and have hot oil continue to flow into the tank in a big loop. Now my questions.

What effect will that have on the veggie system?

Will it be safe considering once the veg is switched back on it will be pure diesel in the lines running through the hot vegetherm for a good while?

How to wire the valve to open the veggie out during purge (on the Plantdrive timer) rather than the diesel out.

I welcome suggestions/opinions to make this happen.

:D
geaddict

Postby SunWizard » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. It would help to know the year and model of vehicle since they are very different. A diagram of what you now have would be helpful, here is mine:
Another idea is to call plantdrive, I hear they have good customer support.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby geaddict » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:10 pm

SunWizard wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum. It would help to know the year and model of vehicle since they are very different. A diagram of what you now have would be helpful, here is mine:
Another idea is to call plantdrive, I hear they have good customer support.

I can't provide schematics as none were provided to me (that were exactly applicable) from Plantdrive. The mechanic who installed it had some knowledge of WVO systems. I however have little.

The vehicle is a 95 Pajero 2.8 TDI. I have the generic system from Plantdrive and with the early switchover sensor and multi function timer. I know from the docs that the system flushes into the diesel tank which means the return valve opens to allow direct return of veggie oil into the diesel return line. I would like to make this reverse and purge through the veggie filter into the veggie tank. I want to do this only during purging that way the diesel will normally return to the diesel tank. As well I do not want to add a return line as the current (default) system from Plantdrive is to add a T to the line and loop the Veggie return to keep the hot fuel from returning to the tank and to keep the oil temp up.

Geaddict
geaddict

Postby SunWizard » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:29 pm

I wouldn't make or recommend any changes to a VO system unless I know how its plumbed, and a diagram is the easiest way to see that. Ask plantdrive or your mechanic.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion