New Veg Oil cook stove~

Space Heating with SVO WVO Vegetable Oil Biofuel.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

New Veg Oil cook stove~

Postby Oilhead » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:53 am

Hi everyone, I was invited here by a moderator to explain and introduce this new stove here at http://www.lodge-tech.net/Veg-oil-Stoves-.html

It is really fairly simple, four cotton wicks and an overhead fuel supply.
I got tired on needing either propane, wood or electric to cook with, it is very safe to operate, and would self extinquish if left on or knocked over.

An invention marketing company showed this to over 1000 US manufactures, and they all said they did not want to make it, so I got feed up with them all and started to manufacture the stove and sell them myself and I have proved them wrong.

There are tens of thousands of folks dying each year from a lack of a simple stove like this, from smoke inhalation, you would think at least one big time manufacturer would pick up on it?
Oilhead

Re: New Veg Oil cook stove~

Postby coachgeo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 am

Oilhead wrote:... It is really fairly simple, four cotton wicks and an overhead fuel supply....

Like it.

is the wick a standard cotton wick? Had heard that veg oil was too thick to get pulled up typical lantern type wicks?

Did you explore the idea of one container of many wicks? For example several rings of wicks... each ring far enough apart that you could light one ring w/out it catching the other rings a fire. BUT...... put the wicks within each ring close enough to each other that lighting one or just a few will eventually cause all the wicks within that ring to light up. More rings... more cooking heat..... less rings... slower cooking.
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby Oilhead » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes it uses standard 7/8 wicks, we had to design our own lifter mechanism, they all go down into the same pool of oil, you can light one or four it does not matter.
Works really great with a steamer, and any type of chicken or rice and vegs~
Oilhead

Postby coachgeo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Oilhead wrote:Yes it uses standard 7/8 wicks, we had to design our own lifter mechanism, they all go down into the same pool of oil, you can light one or four it does not matter.
Works really great with a steamer, and any type of chicken or rice and vegs~

So you use the gravity of the bottle on the side to sorta "push" oil up the wicks?

Look forward to you oil lamp being sold. Like it. Will REALLY like it if it is very functional for lighting and not just cute illuminated decoration.
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Return to Vegetable Oil Space Heating